10 Signs you’re in Recovery in Delray Beach
There are many tell-tale signs that you’re from Florida in general like wearing flip flops and tank tops constantly, having year-round summer and more but what about people who are in recovery in Delray Beach? Delray Beach is like its own little community full of recovering alcoholics and addicts and is known as the recovery capital. Just to poke a little fun at the Delray recovery community, I’ve thought of 10 signs you’re in recovery in Delray Beach.
10 Signs you’re in Recovery in Delray Beach…
1. Tanning becomes a frequent activity with you and your friends (it’s like an every weekend event.)
2. The Ave on Atlantic is the place to hang out (like Spot coffee shop, Starbucks, etc.)
3. You’ve been to a meeting at crossroads or central house at least once (those clubhouses are like THE places to go for meetings around here.)
4. You walk around so much that you’ve downloaded that app that counts how many steps you take a day (you feel like you’ve been getting so much exercise.)
5. You know there are just as much drugs around you as there is recovery (yet you’re still sober.)
6. You, (like most people in Delray,) aren’t from here (and probably only came here for recovery.)
7. You complain how much you hate living in Delray Beach (but you don’t move because all of your friends are here and you actually really like living here.)
8. You or a close friend of yours has a Pit Bull (it’s such a popular and adorable dog to get here in Delray.)
9. When it’s 70 degrees or lower in Florida, you are cold now (no matter where you’re from.)
10. You own (or used to own) a scooter or a beater car (a lot of people get these as their first means of transportation after the bus.)
All jokes aside, whether you’re in recovery in Delray Beach or on the other side of the country, the most important thing about being in recovery is working a solid program and helping others. Another thing that most people in recovery in Delray Beach have in common is we all get sponsors, work our steps, get a connection with a higher power, work with others, go to meetings and help the next sick and suffering alcoholic or addict.
If you are suffering from troubles with addiction and staying sober, living in Delray Beach can be very beneficial. There is recovery all over the place and people here willing to help you. There are pretty much meetings every hour and every day all over the place! It truly is one of the best places for someone in recovery to live. There are halfway houses and treatment centers on every corner and so much good, strong recovery here. I honestly don’t think I’d still be sober if I didn’t come live in Delray Beach when I was struggling with my addiction. It is definitely the reason I am still here today. If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse or addiction, please call toll free 1-800-951-6135.